Kathyrn R. Fair
Kathyrn R. Fair is a postdoctoral research associate with the computational social science group in the public policy programme, working on the Shocks and Resilience project. Prior to this, she was a postdoctoral research fellow in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of Guelph. Kathyrn holds a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Waterloo.
Her current work focuses on labour market dynamics and aims to move beyond classical economic models and methodologies to improve our understanding of how shocks to the economy impact labour mobility. Kathyrn has previously developed models describing the coupled dynamics of human behaviour and SARS-CoV-2 transmission, climate change impacts on forest-grassland mosaic ecosystems, the growth of international food trade networks, and the interconnectedness of human population growth, food production, and trade. She also collaborated on projects exploring the gender wage gap within Canadian academia, definitions of resilience, and the mechanisms by which scientific consensus can be achieved.
- Labour flow networks
- Detecting Firms’ Fringe Behaviour
- Skill Interaction and Complexity
- Emerging age structure for ABMs
- Fair, K. R., & Guerrero, O. A. (2023). A Method for Emerging Empirical Age Structures in Agent-Based Models with Exogenous Survival Probabilities. arXiv preprint arXiv:2303.17317. Paper
- Fair, K. R., & Guerrero, O. A. (2023). Endogenous Labour Flow Networks. arXiv preprint arXiv:2301.07979. Paper
- Fair, K. R., Karatayev, V. A., Anand, M., & Bauch, C. T. (2022). Estimating COVID-19 cases and deaths prevented by non-pharmaceutical interventions, and the impact of individual actions: A retrospective model-based analysis. Epidemics, 39, 100557. Paper Code
- Fair, K. R., Anand, M., & Bauch, C. T. (2020). Spatial structure in protected forest‐grassland mosaics: Exploring futures under climate change. Global Change Biology, 26(11), 6097-6115. Paper
- Fair, K. R., Bauch, C. T., & Anand, M. (2017). Dynamics of the global wheat trade network and resilience to shocks. Scientific reports, 7(1), 1-14. Paper
A full list of publications is available at Google Scholar.